Monday, June 27, 2011,
Went to band again. The way in which people manage things gave me a thought. "That's why players doesn't stay, not even regulars?" I am not exactly a member of that band but within the section, all I could see is like the players are neglected somehow. No recognition or something. No nothing.
If they want to sustain a band in its highest "performing state, of course firstly they have to find new players which I suppose it would be good that people who comes in are those who are willing to join instead of just "guest players". But what is the most important is how to retain your current members instead of just focusing on bringing in more and more players. (It is the same concept as government opening up to FT, and curently Singapore is flooded with just 1/2 of Singaporeans and other rest? PRs, FT & etc.) This is just one aspect which people didn't look at it! Why? Because they are the ones who make the band what it is today! Without them, there won't be any band!
Interaction plays a part in bonding your own section mates together, but currently the bonding state in most outside bands are disastrous! I am speaking the truth even if nobody admits it. No sectional, no outing, no nothing, every band practice just sit there for 3 hours then pack and go! Like that... Pointless right? To me is nothing, I have been doing it since then, but it would be quite boring to do that every time huh? It's like the same old cycle without life. No interaction = no commitment = no join.
Oaky lah! I shall stop writing! Tired!
12:05 AM