Let Imaginations Take Flight.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011,

I am pretty sure that I am so bored till I sleep almost 1/2 my days away without knowing what to do. Partly, my house is too comfortable to sleep in.

Read other people's blog talking about how they commit to external band since like secondary school, pretty sure that they are lucky to stay on for very long.(From what I read) But makes me wonder how did they manage to know so much about community band when I don't! Unlike them, pretty sure I had a -_- experience of external band.

From where it started:
_____________________________________________________________
Secondary school experience:

Went to watch SWO concert for that very first time (2002) that makes me want to join external band one day. Tempted because my school did not have opportunities to stage a full concert. Never! See how bad it was compared to now. But anyway, heard a lot of rumors regarding my senior who went trying out for SWO audition during those times and they FAILED. Standard was a problem but it is kind of hilarious. It tells one thing, "NOT POSSIBLE!" And the temptation kind of died off quietly...

Of all the happy/sad/angry memories in secondary school, pretty sure I had rubbish at the end of my year in band. -CENSORED- Don't really like to talk about that though! "Senior ah! You should have entirely placed that girl to take care of the section instead!!!"

But anyway, standard did drop a lot due to the stress from that conductor whom I shall not name. "MORE TONE!..." I bet most of the people can understand that experience when the conductor threatens and scolds their students. So IMPATIENT, so annoyed!(and she continues to rant...)
________________________________________________________
NYP experience:

Total different experience from orientation. It was kind of demoralizing when the first few pieces you see are "El Camino Real, Fantasy Variation, Gypsy Dance, Impression of Japan..." And to see that a person who played clarinet for a few months sat beside you could sight-read better than you do. EMO but just chiong! Hoping that one day could catch up with them.

Was glad to have meet my section people & the rest of the people in band. Bet I did give a lot of rubbish to people around me. Oops! -Felt Apologetic- but I won't mention who, what all those. -Learnt a lot-
_______________________________________________________
Mus'art Wind Orchestra (2007)

After talking so much rubbish, that took almost 5 years long before experiencing a community band. Cool but was totally stunned in the first place. Those times, their clarinetists were powerful. Too powerful that you just feel out of place. Was pretty "bad" experience when other people can play but you can't play- LOL! But left shortly after no more friends, partly due to workload in year 3.
_______________________________________________________

So currently I wouldn't say where am I now because nobody is reading my blog anyway! (Perhaps, people came and left quietly... Hahahaha!!! Like wee...) LOL!

Happy playing then! I want to play for the upcoming concert in July with the NYP alumni band. Just so tempting. XD

8:11 PM